Mambo Italiano

« Older   Newer »

1. Elefantino.82

User deleted

Canada, 2003

Comedy about a young Italian-Canadian (Luke Kirby) coming out to his parents. They tell the parents of his hunky cop lover, Nino (Peter Miller), ending their affair.

To prove his heterosexuality Nino marries, and at the wedding, the priest (Michel Perron) says: "I have known Nino all his life: I baptised him; I gave him his first communion; and when he hit puberty and started to have certain problems caused by his rapidly increasing, um, size, it was I who advised him to be circumcised."

(Reviewers disagree over whether the gay and Italian stereotypes are sympathetic or tedious, but the movie was named sixth worst for the year 2003 by David Eliott of the San Diego Union-Tribune :
    6. Ethnic humor came canned and clotted in the sitcom revels of "Mambo Italiano." Cute Eye-talians pig on pasta, slap each other on the side of the head, are freaked by gay offspring, then turn PC as if by remote control. It came from Canada (or hell) and has a Catholic priest telling a circumcision joke at a wedding.

Circumcision is just used as an embarassing personal detail to illustrate the priest's crassness. There is of course no problem caused by rapidly increasing, um, size that necessitates circumcision.

2. Yugo

User deleted

:risus_02.gif:

3. moni_luna62

User deleted

Non ho parole :6qdykg.gif:

2 replies since 23/11/2014, 00:43   158 views